YarisCross

New to the Toyota Yaris Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
mcpanman

Post by mcpanman »

Hi, I am currently driving a Toyota CHR Sep 2016 and next year will be coming to the end of the PCP 3 years. Toyota have asked me to call in and review the next vehicle requirement. I tend not to stay with the same car as I like a change and I am seriously considering the new Yaris Cross as I had a quick look at one in the local Toyota show room and was quite impressed. Just a little unsure as the competition from other manufacturers is getting very good.

toyota_fan

Post by toyota_fan »

Hi,
Had a CHR until 18 months ago went to full electric a mistake for my circumstances, Yaris Cross caught my eye ordered without it even at the dealership went to see the Demo 1st August now cant wait hopefully in 3 weeks it'll be on my drive, looked at the CHR again but didn't want to go down that route again and colour choice was so limited.
mcpanman

Post by mcpanman »

Excited for you. Have to report back when it arrives and you get time to try it out. Certainly getting good reviews so far.
toyota_fan

Post by toyota_fan »

Sadly due to chip shortage it's been delayed :(
mcpanman

Post by mcpanman »

This seems to be the same thing that many people are experiencing. And sadly I suspect it is going to get worse. Those chips take a long time to manufacture.
toyota_fan

Post by toyota_fan »

Was told build date will be October and will be with the dealer 15th November but will chase up on the 15th October to see if it's been pushed back further.
toyota_fan

Post by toyota_fan »

Got back in touch and on the Toyota system states 22nd of November :(
PJR77

Post by PJR77 »

Hello all,
I ordered my Yaris Cross in July. The delivery date kept on being extended to November, because of the chip shortage, but I now have a slightly earlier date of October 28th.
Really looking forward to it. It is about 30 years since I last drove an automatic, it was a hire car in the US. Do people recommend left foot braking?
toyota_fan

Post by toyota_fan »

Hopefully I'll be in the same boat (Ordered /mine In July As Well) as you as mine was 22nd November so fingers crossed.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I’ve started to see a few on the roads now but not sure if these are dealer demonstrators still doing the rounds or if people are finally getting deliveries.