Delivery times

New to the Toyota Yaris Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
JonathanM

Post by JonathanM »

I decided to delay collection since it was so near to getting a 23 plate. Picked it up today.

Sarratt

Post by Sarratt »

Hope it was worth the wait Jonathan, is that the scarlet flare?
JonathanM

Post by JonathanM »

It was definitely worth the wait Sarratt. It's replaced a 2009 Fiesta that we had from new. That was still going strong and it had never had any problems other than a puncture and a flat battery so it was a bit of a wrench to decided to replace it.

Yes. That's scarlet flare although the camera has made it a bit more orange than it really is. The colour does change depending on the ambient light. It's a darker red in dull light than it is in bright light.
Sarratt

Post by Sarratt »

It looks lovely, I have ordered the same colour in Design without any extra…that’s if my patience holds, it’s only been two weeks and I’m already planning on taking hostages at the dealership😉
JonathanM

Post by JonathanM »

Sarratt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:37 pm It looks lovely, I have ordered the same colour in Design without any extra…that’s if my patience holds, it’s only been two weeks and I’m already planning on taking hostages at the dealership😉
This is perhaps a better representation of the scarlet flare Sarratt.

Yaris Scarlet2.jpg

Sarratt

Post by Sarratt »

Thanks Jonathan, hope you’re pleased with it. I think I’ve made the right choice of colour.

Now got a delivery date to dealership of 26th April. Car is currently in Zeebrugge.

Regards
Annie#12

Post by Annie#12 »

I ordered a Yaris Cross Excel, Silver, panoramic roof and City Pack in May 2022. My delivery date keeps changing and have now been told it could be September 2023. This would make a wait of 15 months if it is delivered then. The reason for the delay keeps changing and the dealer I ordered from can’t help. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Deleted User 258

Post by Deleted User 258 »

Hi Annie, I ordered the GR Sport with Safety Pack back at Xmas 2022 and was told 2-3 months delivery. I was told last month that it will now be end of April next month. Ok so that’s 4 months if true. However I note that the myToyota app (which supposedly shows the delivery progress) is still showing the order is being processed and not at the manufacturing stage let alone being delivered to the UK. You think that can all be done in a month (unlikely).
Like you I’ve asked the dealer for updates but they have little to say. I’ve also questioned online if the myToyota app is broken but they say the status shown is correct.
Like your order, I wonder if the customisations to the vehicle cause the delivery delays.
If anyone else has experience then interested.
iglass0

Post by iglass0 »

Hi Annie. I know Toyota have stopped offering the panoramic roof (at least that was what we were told at the local dealership). You might want to check that out with your supplier.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Ordered my Cross Excel in January. Salesman estimated May delivery. It's now at Grimsby, estimated arrival at dealer 14 April.
When we ordered, the salesman suggested that Toyota make Icons and Designs all the time because those are most popular. Excels, they tend to wait until there's enough orders to do a batch at a time. I've also heard rumours that they wait until there's enough right hand drive orders to warrant doing a batch. Could be wrong but it sounds plausible.