Automatic door locking

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota Yaris Cross
Tomble

Post by Tomble »

My wife had an incident whilst driving at night and it made us realise that our Yaris Cross didnt automatically lock the doors after moving off. Nothing in the manual but the internet gives two versions of how to activate the system (one using the setup screen and one using a system involving the lock/unlock buttons) neither of which apply to this car. The dealer is looking into the problem but suspects that automatic locking may not be available on my car. Has anyone got any information or a solution to this?

PJR77

Post by PJR77 »

I believe that you would have to press the lock button each time if you want your doors locked.
I don't know what happens in the event of an accident. My previous car had automatic door locking which was connected to the airbags. The doors automatically unlocked if the airbags were deployed.
Tomble

Post by Tomble »

I think that now I have the definitive answer to this. The Yaris Cross does not have the option to lock the doors automatically. This seems a bit odd. Im sure that all the other cars that I have had has this option and the Yaris is packed with sensors and systems so why not link them up to allow this facility. Anyway, it is what it is.
Deleted User 139

Post by Deleted User 139 »

I agree and think that the omission of this functionality is an oversight on Toyota's part
PJR77

Post by PJR77 »

It is possible that it was an EC regulation that no longer applies to cars sold in the UK. It would be interesting to know if Yaris Cross cars sold in the EC have auto-locking.
Mike_M

Post by Mike_M »

Good morning from Athens, Greece.
Unfortunately, there's no such feature here either.
Wondering around in a Japanese e-shop , I bumped into an electronic module sold for our car,
in order to "apply automatic door locking" after reaching 20 km/h.