Delivery times

New to the Toyota Yaris Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
FJB Yaris

Post by FJB Yaris »

You are lucky your car has almost arrived, I ordered my same time as you end January 23, estimated date 15th May 23, since I out my order and paid a deposit no communication received from the dealer, not happy, will wait few weeks, and may cancel and go for another brand. 🥲🥲

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Have you downloaded the MyT app? I got no updates from dealer but was able to track progress on the app.
Collected yesterday. Very pleased so far
FJB Yaris

Post by FJB Yaris »

I downloaded the MyT app but it requires reg number or vin number, which I don’t have yet, last week I called the salesman he was on day off, said he will update me when retiring work, nothing happened 😢😢
FJB Yaris

Post by FJB Yaris »

Sorry forgot, enjoy your new car 👏👏
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Strange. My salesman took my email address. I installed the app and logged in with that email. It immediately showed the order number and details of what I'd ordered. Gradually showed progress from On Order to Being Built in France to In Transit at Zeebrugge to Grimsby to Toton to the dealer.
Your dealer should be able to tell you what stage yours is at.
After 4 days, this is the first car we've had where both the wife and I are arguing - "No, it's my turn to drive".
Elt1398

Post by Elt1398 »

Nice one MikeR. QQ, how long did it take the App to change status from the date of order (processing order) -> Build in progress? Ie 5 weeks, 6 weeks or 2 months etc. Also, what’s your trim level? I was under the impression that it’s quicker for standard Icon or Design (without addons), Excel takes longer. In any case, I ordered a Design trim with Tech Pack 5 weeks ago and status of MyT has not changed. Cheers.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Ordered in Jan. Salesman estimated delivery in May. Build started in March at Ootaing. But then about a week at each stage - Zeebrugge, Grimsby, Toton.
Ours is an Excel. Did overhear another Salesman telling someone that they tend to make Icons and Designs all the time because they sell best. Excels, they tend to wait for enough orders to justify a batch.
I also suspect that they may wait until there's enough RHD orders to justify a batch. But that's just me...
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Oh, and a word of warning. When the car leaves Zeebrugge on the ship, the app says it's gone back to Onnaing until it's logged in at Grimsby.
And when it leaves Grimsby the app reverts to Zeebrugge until it gets to Toton
Etc.
The Web site is more accurate.
Elt1398

Post by Elt1398 »

Thanks mate, useful to know and will bear that in mind. Since yesterday’s post I am happy to share that status of MyT app is now showing Build in progress. Based on MikeR’s experience, from this point I think I can expect it to take ~5 weeks to get ready for collection in Kent (1 week for build, 3-4 shipping/dealer final inspection), at end of May, maybe.
Yorkshirelass99

Post by Yorkshirelass99 »

FJB Yaris wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:26 pm You are lucky your car has almost arrived, I ordered my same time as you end January 23, estimated date 15th May 23, since I out my order and paid a deposit no communication received from the dealer, not happy, will wait few weeks, and may cancel and go for another brand. 🥲🥲
I ordered mine the same time! Was told the delivery date was expected to be March! After ordering it quickly dawned this was unrealistic! The communication from the dealer has been non-existent so I have resorted to their main offices for updates. MYT is showing the car is in Zeebrugge. I have just heard that there are delays in Derby releasing cars to dealerships. The thrill of buying a new car is totally gone, now just totoytally CROSS!