Noisy engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota Yaris Cross
BlackYaris

Post by BlackYaris »

Hi! Newbie here.
I picked up my Yaris Cross two weeks ago. A week in, I noticed the engine is really quite noisy even at rest. Yes, I know when it's on petrol, it would be noisy but I'm talking about when I turn on the engine in my driveway and haven't moved an inch. Or when i'm stopped at a traffic light.
To put this into context, I drove 12 YO Juke that had been in an accident before this AND the Yaris Cross engine is noisier!
It also lags very badly when moving off from rest like when at a roundabout or when driving uphill.
Does anyone else experience any of these?

Tomble

Post by Tomble »

When I leave home with a cold engine and immediately head uphill, my engine is noisy. After it warms up, it settles down. On ordinary roads and on motorways, the engine is unobtrusive to the point where I only know that it is starting and stopping if I have the “Energy” screen activated. On heavy acceleration,such as entering a motorway it becomes noisy again but not unpleasantly and not at all as it sounds when driving from cold.
Deleted User 139

Post by Deleted User 139 »

I find the engine sounds a touch ‘rough’ and almost diesel like when cold, but quietens nicely when warm to the point it is barely noticeable unless accelerating hard. It bothered me for the first couple of thousand miles but (accelerating hard aside) has quietened nicely since then. All in all I do not find it overly intrusive once warm, rather pleasant in fact. Just had first service and good.
BlackYaris

Post by BlackYaris »

Thank you both!