First Good Run

All Toyota Yaris Cross related discussions
Brass Monkey

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ok. So I have owned my YC AWD for a couple of months.
I bought it used at 1 1/2 yr and 4500 miles.
I have been really pleased with it albeit only used for runs of 50 ish miles in any one journey.

Well we have just given it a real run out from the North Pennines to Ilfracombe in North Devon.
380 miles, which took 9 hours due to tailbacks but with speeds when able of 60 to 70 mph.
We have seen a return of 61.5 to 61.8 mpg.
I am happy with these figures as I don’t particularly try to be economical.

The vehicle drove really well and was comfortable for both myself and my wife who slept most of the journey.
I must say the car drives lovely and my favorite gadget is the HUD which I have had before on other cars but now find so useful as age moves me to thinking about must haves for future cars.

I can honestly say this is one of my favorite cars that I have owned and would buy another in a heartbeat.

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Yes, I've been waiting for an excuse to give mine a good run. Been getting average 61mpg locally (Essex) on short journeys since new.
Had a week in Norfolk and, on 93 miles of A roads, was pleased to see average 68mpg. That will do me.
tiptoe

Post by tiptoe »

Just had last week on holiday in Suffolk from North East. 1027 miles for an average of 72MPH. No complaints with that!
Brass Monkey

Post by Brass Monkey »

Both 68 and 72 is really good 👍

Are they the AWD versions?

I can’t get my AWD to give much more than 62.3 which I am happy with.

Will make me even more happy if you tell me yours is the FWD version as I am not too far behind in the AWD 🤣
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Mine's the FWD.
To be honest, I wouldn't have thought FWD or AWD would make much difference - as I understand it, the AWD on the YC just means that the electric motor under the boot only starts driving the rear wheels when the front wheels are losing traction. Can't remember where I read that though....
tiptoe

Post by tiptoe »

Brass Monkey wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:01 am Both 68 and 72 is really good 👍

Are they the AWD versions?

I can’t get my AWD to give much more than 62.3 which I am happy with.

Will make me even more happy if you tell me yours is the FWD version as I am not too far behind in the AWD 🤣
Mine is just the base model (I'm not interested in extras) which I bought as a pre reg..